Parsnip Honey Bread
Oh yes! A delicious and delicate quick bread made with parsnips and honey.
- 1/2 cup vegetable or olive oil
- 1/2 cup honey*
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups grated parsnips
- 1 1/2 cups AP flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease a 9 inch loaf pan with oil and set aside.
- Whisk together the oil, honey, eggs and vanilla. Add the grated parsnips and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until evenly mixed. Fold in the walnuts and pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center.
- Cool for 15 minutes, then turn out of loaf pan and enjoy!