Pack List - Week of 2/6/23
Produce Package, Week of 2.5.23
- Orange Carrots from Intervale Community Farm in Burlington, VT. Store them in your crisper drawer, eat often! Kept cold and at the proper humidity, carrots will last for months in your fridge. If you’ve got some older carrots in your fridge that are looking a bit sad, a quick rinse and soak in cold water can revive them. Certified Organic.
- Fingerling Potatoes from Burnt Rock Farm in Huntington, VT. Store potatoes in a cool, dry, and well-ventilated area. Root cellars, cool pantries, or a basket on your countertop all work well! Enjoy within a month. Certified Organic.
- Yellow Onions from Last Resort Farm in Monkton, VT. Store in a cool, dark pantry; or in a bowl on your countertop. Keep separate from potatoes and out of the sun. Certified Organic.
- Butternut Squash from Intervale Community Farm in Burlington, VT. Stores best around 50-60 degrees Fahrenheit. A cool pantry or cellar works best – whatever you can manage, keep it out of the fridge! Certified Organic.
- Pea Shoots from 1000 Stone Farm in Brookfield and Jericho Settlers Farm in Jericho, VT. These tasty tendrils are super delicious and should be eaten within 3 days. Store them in the mildest part of your fridge. Certified Organic.
- Mushrooms (Variety Only) from 1000 Stone Farm in Brookfield, VT. These are super fresh and should be eaten within 3 days of receiving, lest they dry out. If they do dry up a bit, just rehydrate in a bit of stock and enjoy.
- Let's talk squash! Try this cozy vegan coconut squash soup, ravioli with brown butter and butternut, winter squash cornbread (so moist), or cheesy squash grits with mushrooms. Squash is SUPER versatile and can go into just about any dish.
- Mushroom risotto is a classic. You can even bake the rice instead - it won't end up quite as good, but nearly. Just put in the oven for 20 min at 375, covered.
- Fingerling potatoes are best whole-roasted - it's all about the skin with these guys! Try this recipe for crispy fingerling potatoes with garlic butter- yum.