Maple Squash Pie
Sweeten up your fall with pumpkin pie, made with maple syrup and squash puree!
- 1 lb squash puree (koginut, kuri, honeynut, delicata, or butternut)
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger (ideally fresh grated, if you can!)
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- (optional: 2 tablespoons brandy or whiskey)
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup heavy cream
- single pie crust
- Preheat oven to 425 F
- Thoroughly mix squash puree and maple syrup, then whisk in spices and optional liquor.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs and cream and whisk, then add to pumpkin mixture.
- If you have extra cream, drizzle in patterns on the top of the pie. To make a spiderweb (for spooky season/Halloween), drizzle concentric circles, then use a knife to drag lines out from the center.
- Transfer filling to pie pan and bake for 15 minutes at 425, then lower to 350 and bake for 40-60 minutes, until filling has fully set.
- Serve at room-temperature with whipped cream or ice cream.