Hot Mulled Cider
Cozy up with a mug of hot mulled apple cider. An awesome to-go beverage for your socially-distanced walk before the feast!
- 1/2 gallon apple cider
- 1 orange
- 12 cloves
- 4 sticks cinnamon
- 15 allspice berries
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 7 cardamom pods
- splash maple syrup (optional)
- sprig of rosemary
- Pour cider into a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Peel a few thick strips from orange, then quarter orange. Put into pot with spices and reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer for a minimum of 30 min. (The longer, lower heat, the better.)
- Strain cider to remove oranges and spices.
- Spike with brandy or rum, or sweeten with maple syrup if desired. Garnish with sprig of rosemary.