Homemade Caesar Dressing
Great on heartier greens like romaine, kale, and napa or caraflex cabbage.
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tin anchovies
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Worcestershire or soy sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Make mayo. If using immersion blender, add egg to blender container, then olive oil. Immerse blender into the mixture, then turn on blender and keep it in place for 20 seconds, then slowly move blender up and down until thick. (Super easy!) If using blender or food processor, add egg, switch on blender, and drizzle olive oil into mixture while blending until thick. (Also easy.) If making by hand, follow these instructions.
- Pulverize garlic clove and anchovies with a mortar and pestle, knife, or blender.
- Add lemon juice, garlic, anchovies, and a few shakes of soy sauce to mayo. Taste and adjust.
- Add salt, pepper, capers, and parmesan as desired. Enjoy!